Friday, April 16, 2010

Ok its now a farm

Hello to all i thought i would drop you a line. Its been a while since my last update. We have had a very buzzy month.  I have decided to add some work to my long list of work already before easter i bought my self some chicks i for sure have 6 hens and we will see how many more there are. I bought 15 mixed so we will see how may are hens and how many are roosters. I am looking for word to fresh eggs. Then today we have really become our own little farm i bought some baby pigs 4 boys and 1 girl. We are going to find a little bore and have our own litters some to butcher and some to sell. This year i bout four little cut boys to butcher. Irene and Ken are going to buy one and we will see about the others we do enjoy pork so i know they will not go to waste. The little girl we are going to keep and bred i am looking forward to this new adventure.  I have lots to learn and lots to do but it should be nice and fun. Irene knows lots its a good thing she is here to help teach me the ropes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow things are changing fast at your place. I have never taken care of pigs but my mom has told me stories about when she was a kid. She used to love their little piglets. Be careful that the girls do not fall in love with them too much or it may be hard to butcher them and eat them.

    ReplyDelete